Saturday, April 02, 2005

here held, close caught


to faithful be, perhaps to see God’s perfect plan - my destiny within this frail, distorted jar of clumpy clay, a treasure far beyond the weakness that I know, beyond the darkness far below into the blinding light I go, to seek a king of grace to show my heart’s desire beyond the shade, a once-lost love, back from the grave this is my cry, my call, my dream: to sing, to bring, praise offering; a matchless prize, forgotten jewel; I long to strive to thrive - a fool! caught in his trap of boundless grace a sinner saved, by sight of face to haste this faith, my hope embrace an endless peace, a life to taste, richer than wine, to dine mine thine, thy kindly find mine mind and shine sweet light, to thank thy might, not quite my height to fight this plight not trite lost lest love lift low life long-lain, not sight-sought sweetness do I claim but by thy wind my wing-tips fly, found freely flowing fountains I within thy streams, beneath thy grace, a fearfully suspended place here held, close caught; thine thought truth taught choice cherished child, here - heaven’s home bows blessed before beloved’s throne

No comments: